Monday, August 27, 2012

Something Different

If you follow my other page, hello!! If you're new to my randomness; welcome!! This page promises to be very different from the other. You might be wondering why I want to lose myself. The title is not in a literal sense. It's in a physical sense and a spiritual sense.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I was in shock and thought it was the end. Little did I know, God had something great in store (He always does).  This shock is exactly what I needed to begin my journey to be the healthiest I've ever been.  I have a long way to go, but by no means am I at the same place I was even a week ago.  This page is ALL about my journey - exercise, eating... being a lot more vulnerable, which is quite scary for me.

The other part of losing myself, is putting more focus on my faith in God.  I'm good teacher when it comes to trusting and having faith, but I don't always show it in my own life.  Will also be sharing my ah-ha moments as they relate.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you.  I truly felt God was leading me up to being vulnerable enough to share EVERY detail of this part of my life.  If me getting healthy helps just one person, it's not in vain.  So many things have been on my heart since I began -- wondering where I would be had I kept up the active lifestyle I had as a teenager.  Not to dwell, I've come a long ways.

Here's to the beginning of Losing Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment