Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Addition and Subtraction

**continued from yesterday -- get caught up here.

My eating was great; then came the additional assignments.  Exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 3-4 days a week.  Ugh.  I knew it was coming, I was just trying to put it off.  After this appointment I decided to attend a core/stretch class at my gym.  I hated it... in a good way.  The instructor worked us HARD!  Planks, jumping, more planks, with weights, and awesome stretching.  I started going every week.  After a month or so I asked the instructor if she would help me with some workouts.  As they say - the rest is history.  I've been training with her ever since.  I love her.  She pushes me and works me hard, all while making fun of me. :)

At my appointment in March the doctor was very proud, as was I.  My a1c went down from 7.5 to 6.5!!!!  I was AMAZED at what I was doing!!!

Now to the subtraction, which is an every day struggle.  I gave up soda long ago.  I gave up sweet tea, except the occasional when I go to Chick-Fil-A.  Then there's sugar... chocolate... candy... dessert.  It kills me.  I can't do it.  I seriously cannot seem to let go!!!  I'm open to suggestions because that's one habit I have yet to break.

Oh - and in yesterdays post, I said what the scale said when I first started weighing regularly.
Today: 210.2

Welcome to the journey ... of Losing Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment