Monday, April 1, 2013

No Joke

Last week I had my three month follow up with the endocrinologist. My a1c was slightly elevated than last time at 5.9. My doctor was positive and said what I was doing is safe for me. Then he asked if I'd lost weight, to which I laughed. He said he had something else up his sleeve...

A weight loss pill.

Not surgery like last time (ugh). Anyway. I'm still unsure if i want to go that route. It's not covered by insurance and not reimbursable by my cafeteria plan. I really want to do this right. I can't help but think that there has to be something else going on inside my body that's preventing my weight loss. So far no tests have confirmed this. It's frustrating and mildly irritating. I know you've all heard this from me before and I'm sorry to whine about it. I just don't know what else to do!

So far I've been mostly unsuccessful at keeping my goals in check and then I get in a funk. It's a vicious cycle this journey... None the less, I've made my workout schedule for the month of April, including a couple of morning walks. Thursdays being my only day off. I've also upped my trainer sessions to twice a week. We'll see what happens.

Pressing on. Running the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment