Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review

I've been pondering this post for a few days. I'm not sure what to say about 2014.  In between the good trips we had, it was pretty craptastic.  I only did one race and was not motivated about 'being healthy' at all.  This is shown by how I feel after 'starting over' last week with the trainer.  It's also shown by my blood sugar numbers... my check up was supposed to be on the 16th, but because of how I've been feeling and my numbers - the dr moved it up to the 5th.

Some good things from the year

  • Road trip to California in February to attend Children's Pastor's Conference. Amazing scenery! Included going to Spring Training on the way home.
  • Many trips to Nebraska to see my favorite man. He is what I never knew I wanted. :)
  • Being able to attend ALDS Game 3 at the K! A postseason game is obviously on my bucket list and unless I come into some money, the World Series is out. :) But being there when the Royals won it to move on to the ALCS was classic and one of the best baseball moments I've had.
Other than that... there was loss.  CJ's dad passed away in July. After being with her family all week to help where I could, her dad's funeral on a Friday -- my mom called on Saturday to say that my grandma had passed.  Since then CJ's family has had even more loss, even up until a few days ago.

I know I'm blessed to have what I have, but 2014 was also a struggle. I have never struggled with singleness as much as I did last year. I'm not sure if it was my age inching closer to "mid-30s" or what. I can't even describe it really.

Moving on to what is hopefully a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment