Monday, November 19, 2012

Another Year

My birthday was the week before Thanksgiving, but I'm just now posting about it. :) For my birthday trip I went to North Carolina to do the Color Run with a friend. It was a quick trip, but so worth it!! We got workouts in everyday, for which me (and my trainer) were glad. Here was the itinerary:

Wednesday - Flight Left KC @ 6:00am (not sure who booked that... good grief). Arrived around 11:30, so had the whole day to do wander. We walked around Old Salem (Winston-Salem is where I was staying) and enjoyed the warm weather! Then we walked around the downtown and had dinner at a brewery - and it was FABULOUS!!!


Thursday - Went on a little hike (ALL up-hill). It was 2.6 miles by the time we finished, but it felt like more! There were so many stairs and all up-hill going to the top, so I was proud of myself for finishing!!


Hanging Rock - View from the Top
At the top! Whew!!! It was hard, I'm not going to lie. 
Friday - We spent the day in Mayberry. :) Not really Mayberry, but it's a town called Mount Airy. The homeplace of Andy Griffith and what he used as the basis for Mayberry. We went to the Andy Griffith museum, the old jail, and just walked around the downtown looking at all the little shops. 

Saturday - COLOR RUN DAY!!!! We left the house at 7:30am for the drive to Charlotte. I was a little annoyed because we had bought fun tights and shorts, but mine didn't fit. :(  Oh well - it was fun, no matter what I was wearing. Haha!! The run was ok... I started out running more than I normally do, until I hit the first hill. And then another hill... and then I just walked. My legs hurt for days afterwards because of all the hills! After the run, they give everyone packets of color and we all stood in a big circle and threw it ... Having to fly out that afternoon definitely made it interesting. :)


After the run we found a rest area so I could change clothes and kind of wash the color off. I kept ducking so I wouldn't get so much on my face. Then we found a great sushi restaurant in downtown, Charlotte so we had some lunch before I flew out. My flight left at 5pm, but I was at the airport at 3 (my friend is a nurse and to be at work that night). Flew to Atlanta where I had a three hour layover, and then on to KC - where I arrived at 11pm. That was a long evening of travel and my legs were a tad sore after sitting for so long. :)


Oh, I almost forgot - here are the Color Run before and after pictures. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment