Sunday, October 21, 2012

Being "Old Fashioned"

The more I journal my food and the further along I get in this journey, I realize the importance of eating fruits and vegetables. Add that to not eating processed foods, avoiding high fructose corn syrup, etc. etc.

I'm slowly learning that you have to do what works for you, but it cannot be short term. It has to be a lifestyle change. There are no quick fixes in becoming healthy. I admit, I've tried some of them. I'll admit it. I will also admit that I couldn't stick with them.

As I look around seeing some of my friends 'pushing' their weight loss products, I wonder what happened to being old fashioned with our food? When I was growing up, we always had a meat, a vegetable, and usually potatoes and rice at dinner. I would snack on fruit. Not drink shakes that replace entire meals and making myself go hungry.

I've made a pact with myself that I'm doing it this time the natural way. So do many of the blogs and such that I follow. It gives me good motivation to see this and get help from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment