Sunday, September 30, 2012

No Good, Terrible, Awful Race Day

First of all, I shouldn't say it was awful. Once again I finished... with no improvement on my time. My time actually got worse from the race I did in July. Only by a few seconds, but still. I wasn't sure about this course as I'd never done it before.

Can I just say... it sucked.

It was sooooo hilly, more than I was used to.  The guy I was walking with was twice as tall as me, so half the time I spent jogging, but my calves were tight. I'm not sure what to do about my calves. They seem to be the only part of me that doesn't want to run. :)

I'm glad I finished, but this is apparently a very competive race. We finished. Dead. Last.

Well.

No good and I don't even feel accomplished. Ughhh. As I write this, it's 6:00am, and I've been up since 4:30. Not sure why... and my legs are STILL sore. Might be poppin some advil today.

Sorry for the whinies. Might try to sleep now.

At the Finish


No comments:

Post a Comment