Monday, February 25, 2013

Drink Deep in the Truth

I cannot even BEGIN to describe church to you, but I'll try. Let me preface with saying that we have a new pastor (as of right before Christmas), and I'm so rarely seen in service, that I haven't heard him preach yet.

I went in focused on Jesus. Worship. I didn't think about what my kids were doing back in children's church. I didn't think about Sunday afternoon events.

Quiet.
Almost like a visitor. :)

Worship started as usual; singing, praising, raising hands. Then, the tears started. Blindly, I walked to the alter for the prayer with the elders. The woman who prayed for me is my previous trainer. I didn't know how to request prayer, so she just prayed. I cried. I can't remember a time when I've cried so much in church.

Pastor Jon preached on Truth. It was an excellent message! He gets really fired up (which our church is not used to) and LOUD! Suffice it to say, I'm so glad I asked someone to take my class. From now on, she's going to take the kids on the last Sunday of the month, alternating with me and CJ.

For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment