Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's recap from a Single Girl

I hate Valentine's Day. I always have. Perhaps it's the lack of significant other. It's not the lack of love. I know I'm loved, but it's not the same. This year was different. I still disliked the day, but I wasn't mopey as all get out. I had a fabulous sushi lunch date with my friend, Laura (who is also my boss) and I got to spend the evening with my favorite people -- my church kids.

One of my friends sent me this:
I saw a sign the other day that said "wear cute pajamas because you never know who you will meet in your dreams!" It reminded me of you! I know valentines day isn't your favorite day, but I also know that God is molding and shaping his prince for you. Some men just take longer than others...
It tugged at me... I might have even cried a little. I was so appreciative of the encouragement from a married sister! I thanked her for the encouragement and she thanked me for being her friend (which promptly made me cry again).

There's a Christian artist named Mandisa, she was also on American Idol. She created this event for single girls called Galentines. I love the idea!! She posted yesterday on her Facebook, a letter.. to her future husband. I loved reading it. I think she was in my head when she was writing. :) Maybe someday I'll give that a shot, so my future husband can read it. In the battle of losing myself, I want to gain so much more. My perspective on Jesus, not a worldly self-image, but to see ME how He does. A beautiful daughter that He's shaping to be more like Him. Wow. What great thoughts! What great love our father has lavished upon us. I know I'm undeserving, but He loves me anyway.

I'm overcome with joy in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment