Saturday, February 23, 2013

Transformed

I hate when things happen that I've been so careful to not let take place. I've been in prayer mode for most of the afternoon. Listening to k-love with my headphones on.

I just got done listening to a sermon that our Pastor gave a few weeks ago. It's two parts, and I'm getting ready to listen to part 2. It's about being transformed. He describes feeling grace. Like when you get pulled over and don't get a ticket. Having an undiluted devotion to Jesus.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks, to God the Father through him." ~Colossians 3:14

Like when I'm in worship and suddenly begin thinking about what baseball game is on that afternoon... or anything else. Worship is when I focus on HIM! My heart needs to be right.

Not distracted.
Not watered down.

Today was also the last day of 14-day challenge that has been emailed to me. If you can, I highly recommend Pursued: God's Divine Obsession with You by Jud Wilhite. I LOVED this email challenge and will definitely be adding the book to my to-read list. It made me think. It wasn't just one of those things you sign up for and then delete without reading.

I'm also glad to announce that I'll be attending church tomorrow. I need to be fed after the week I've had. Being sick and then today just being run down emotionally. So I'm excited about that.

We'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll blog about my church experience. It doesn't happen often, so it has to be good, right? :) Love you, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment